40 Hour Slave ( 2007) Original sketch done during the sessions for the Selfish Gandhis ( currently unreleased) second album with Robin OâBrien and Kevyn Dymond. Robin OâBrien: backing vocals
Shut Up (2006) A collaboration with my pal Bob Ballantyne ( aka Fate Sanders). We never finished enough songs for a full album so I am releasing them here. Fate Sanders: backing tracks
Dance Man ( 2010) ( written by R. Stevie Moore) Solo recording done for R. Stevie Moore compilation.
4. Electronic Symposium ( 2009) Recorded with Michael J. Bowman for our uncompleted Alternator, album. Michael J. Bowman: drums, bass, guitar
5. Donât Dick With My Dictaphone (2010)Solo song recorded for Hal McGeeâs microcassette series.
6. My Intuition ( 1990) In 1990, I taped several songs accompanied by my console organ. Some of these were previously released but this one and âDonât Worry, Youâll Make Itâ were never made available before. This song originally appeared on âMixed Messagesâ with Peggy Martinez singing.
7. Far From It (2010) Sketch recorded during the Selfish Gandhis sessions that I re-did later (2010). Kevyn Dymond on bass.
8. Salt Of Mine (2006) Fate Sanders: backing tracks.
9. This Is Marlboro Country (2009) Done for the second Mars Dark project. This is the version before Ken Clinger added keyboards. Josh Mars: drums,John Sandin: guitar
10. Major Assistance (2010) From some sessions with Santa Cruz musician and pal, Aku Tardiff. Aku Tardiff: lead guitar, acoustic bass
11. Mr. Mystery (2010) Not one of my tunes but written by Michael J. Bowman and added to by Ray Carmen, Ken Clinger and myself. Michael J. Bowman: drums, guitar Ken Clinger: keyboards, Ray Carmen: vocals, Don Campau: lead guitar
12. Circles In The Sky (2006) Fate Sanders: backing tracks
13. Drain The Blood (2010) From âAlternatorâ sessions with MJB. Michael J. Bowman: drums
14.Funny ( 2006) Fate Sanders: backing tracks
15. On And On (2010) Michael J. Bowman: drums, guitar
16. Donât Worry, Youâll Make It (1990) Organ and vocal version. Previous âfullâ version on my âOne Sided Storyâ tape.
Don Campau Far From It CD two: instrumentals
1.Big, Way Too Big (2006) An outtake instrumental that was going to be a backing track.Greg Gray: drums
2. Push ( 2010) Backing tracks: John Wiggins. I play lead guitar.
3. Guitar For Twins ( 2010) Acoustic guitar solo dedicated to the twins, Lily and Robert.
4. Remnants (2009) Outtake from the âPart Of The Mysteryâ sessions. Greg Gray: drums
5. Thumb 1 ( 2008) Outtake instrumental featuring kalimba and tongue drum.
6. Too Far Gone ( 2010) From the âAlternatorâ sessions. Michael J. Bowman various instruments and editing.
7. Somewhere, Frank Smirks ( 2003) Outtake instrumental.
8. Unfaithful ( reprise) ( 2009) Outtake from the âPart Of The Mysteryâ sessions. Greg Gray: lead guitar, drums
9. Country Jack ( 2009) Outtake instrumental.
10. Wave Theory (2006) Unused take from the âScientific Standardsâ sessions. Chris Phinney: synth
11. Schizo ( 2010 )â¨Fun, freeform improv with Nikos Eliot on various instruments and vocals.
12. FB1 ( 2007) Unused backing track I did for Federico Barabino.
13. Slicker (2008) Outtake jazz style instrumental.
14. FB2 ( 2007) Unused acoustic guitar solo that was to be backing track for Federico Barabino .
15. Action At A Distance ( 1997-2010) Original tracks taped on two Teac open reel four track machines and mixed live while processing the sound. Later, I edited and re-processed the tracks for the third Cassette Culture Compilation which never came out. Sounds of guitar and tape manipulation only.
16. Zweistein ( 2009) produced for Continuoâs blog, the sounds of glass ( and tape manipulation)
17. Duet For Inside Piano and Mixing Bowl ( 2008-2009) Ray Carmen: mixing bowl and final mix. Me on inside piano.
Don Campau: vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, percussion, various instruments, electronic effects and tape manipulation.